Meeting Minutes Sept 19, 2009
EAA Chapter 1167 - Green Sea Meeting
Bank checking account: As of Aug 15, 2009 the
amount on deposit was $201.06. Aug 28th, deposited $185. Sep 11th, made another deposit of $25. Sep 11th, paid Horry Electric $41.11. On Sept 19th balance in checking is $369.95.
Petty cash: Aug 15th cash on hand was $4.74. The kiddy at Georgetown meeting on Aug 15th produced $70.00. The kiddy at Green Sea airport produced another $40. Aug 28th, we received a donation from Will Dovel for $75 with a pledge to make it an even hundred in a week which he did. Sept 19th, $4.74 remains in petty cash.
- Oct meeting will be at Georgetown. Time is 11:00 as normal.
- Bill advises that the kitchen and bathrooms at Green Sea need to be cleaned up.
- Building insurance renewal needs to be discussed (do we or do we not renew?).
- Postcards will be sent out again this year to our list of EAA members that was provided by the EAA.
- The weekend before the fly-in is designated a work day to clean up and organize the building for the fly-in. That is Saturday, October 31st.
- "The Don Rudyk Building". Going to place the prop inside, rudder outside later. We currently have $100 dedicated to it.
- Austin says that they have a few model airplanes of Don's that they are going to bring down and donate to the Chapter. More to follow.
- Our fly-in insurance application to the EAA has been submitted for our event in November.
- Oshkosh365.org is now active - check it out.
- Website domain name renewal is due. Dennis will take care of it.
- Our fly-in this year is on the 7th of November at the Green Sea Airport.
- Fly-ins coming up: Burgaw on Oct 10th and the new EAA Chapter at the Lumberton Airport on Oct 31.
- Gene Baker said he is going to provide the hog and do the cooking for the upcoming fly-in!
- Bill wants to know if anyone has access for a roller to roll the runway.
Gary Smith, President
Duane Drisko, Treasurer
Dennis Scott, Secretary
Members and Visitors Present: