November 15, 2008
EAA Chapter 1167
- Fall Fly-in was a tremendous success - a perfect day and lots of people came in.
- Dennis made the BBQ sauce, both normal and mild, 1 gallon of each. Only the normal was needed as it was preferred. He also printed out 371 postcards as well as flyers and brochures and contacted all of the local media sources that he knew of.
- Bill cooked the meat at his house, 12 whole buttes
from Conway Frozen Foods.
- Bob and Peggy brought the meat back to the Chapter from
Bill's house plus were the primary 'pullers'.
- Gary brought bread and deserts. He also took in the money for the meals.
- Deanna made 20 pounds of potato salad and 20 pounds
of coleslaw and there was not enough.
- Wayne brought in 3 gallons of baked beans and we needed 5 gallons. He put signs up by the road on Bypass 9. He also made the Chicken and Rice.
- Leak on roof. Dennis donated 5 gallons of roof sealant.
- Several people from the Chapter went to the Bladenboro fly-in last weekend. It was an exceptional fly-in in most respects. The 50/50 drawing was a good idea.
- Gene Baker volunteered to do the BBQ meat for us next year for free.
- December 13th, Georgetown Fly-in.
- Christmas dinner for the Chapter is scheduled for the Golden Corral in North Myrtle Beach (by Hwy 22 and Hwy 17), for December 20th at 5 p.m. (Side note from after the fact, this Golden Corral is the only one I have found that's really good. It's a nice restaurant! The one on 501 in Myrtle Beach is terrible!) There will be no meeting for December.
- Next time we should do a registry book for pilots to sign-in. Would be nice to have products to sell from the Chapter and flyers about our Chapter and who to contact to join.
- We need to put out the word next time that flying over people and aircraft needs to be 500 feet altitude, minimum. We should do this by preparing a pilot briefing paper and handing them out when he signs in.
Wayne Robinson, Vice President
Dennis Scott, Secretary/Webmaster
Members and Visitors Present:
Bob and Peggy Stahlberger
George Moncrieff and Wife
Allan Rogers (visitor - former member of 1167 and a pilot)